Connect NMR UK Call for Training Mobility Grant
Applications are invited for bursaries of up to £600 to support travel, accommodation and subsistence for NMR training or workshops within the UK.
Who can apply? Applications are open to all current postgrads, PDRAs, academics and Facility staff based in a UK University or research institute eligible for UKRI funding (https://www.ukri.org/councils/epsrc/guidance-for-applicants/check-if-you-are-eligible-for-funding/), and staff employed in the industry, in the fields of physical and life sciences. Applications for support of postgrads/PDRA travel must be submitted via their supervisors/PIs.
- Applications must be for visiting an NMR facility for training purposes or access to techniques, hardware or tools that are beyond their local capabilities. Funds can also be used to attend a UK-based conference where there is an NMR related-workshop/training as part of the conference (but not a purely scientific oral/poster-style meeting).
- For facility visits, applicants must provide a letter/email from the facility they intend to visit, confirming that the visit is for NMR training, not research purposes. For conference, please provide a link to the program and identify the NMR-specific training element which meets criterion (1) above.
- Applicants must submit a brief summary of the training/work at the end of their visit.
- Priority will be given to those who have not previously received the grant.
How to Apply: Fill in the application form and send it to Benjamin Duff, project manager of Connect NMR UK, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The applications will be evaluated by the Connect NMR UK team.
Bursaries will be paid to successful applicants on receipt of proof of attendance, photocopies of registration/tickets/travel documents (showing cost and travel dates) and payment receipts.
Deadline: There are four calls per academic year. Closing dates for 2022/23 applications: 31st October 2021, 31st January 2022, 30th April 2022 and 31st July 2022 at 5 pm.
Funding is also available to facilities for the instrument time/access charges for training or workshop events. This must be
- Training of researchers/Facility folk (not to generate research for existing users of your Facility)
- Open and attended by users from around the UK (i.e. not restricted access to your organisation)